Search This Blog

Friday, 21 October 2016

Age of Sigmar: Easy mode update

So I mentioned that I didn't think I was going to be able to finish this month's Age of Sigmar painting target, so I pulled out my big single model to fill in the gap. Well, that seems to have been successful so far.




So, this is what it looks like after an evening's work. As you can see, the basic colours are all on there, and if I don't get time to back to it this month I'm going to call it done. Like any Reaper Bones model, the mould lines are an ugly mess, and I kept finding them when I thought I'd got them, but ... eh. It'll look OK on the tabletop. I feel like it's at about 80%, and if I get the chance to touch it up a bit over half-term I can get it to about 90.

I was originally going to paint it in naturalistic colours, but I wanted it to be more consistent with the rest of the army, so I went for a white-and-black colour scheme with the side heads represented in the army's green and purple accent colours.

4 comments:

  1. Excellent job for an evening's work! I'd have never guessed if you hadn't said.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I don't think my top-end painting has improved much over the last few years, but my speed painting has really picked up.

      Delete
  2. I love the color scheme. The unrealistic covers shout "strange and monstrous" in a way that more animal-like colors would probably undermine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I think it came out well in the end. I wasn't certain about it, but it fits in with the army and looks OK by itself.

      Delete