Sunday 9 July 2017

Simple D&D character models

As I mentioned in my last post, I've just started playing in a new D&D campaign. Even though it doesn't seem like we're making much use of miniatures, I always like to have models for the characters, just for fun. I dug into the box of Bones, which includes models from all three Bones Kickstarters at this point, and found some models with input from the other players. I only have models for the first three characters created so far. 


The paint jobs are a little blotchy, but I often struggle to achieve more on Bones person models. The highlights look extra blotchy in this photo; they're a little smoother in real life. 

Anyway, on the left we have brother-and-sister paladin-and-cleric team Winslow and Winifred, with their good-for-nothing wizard cousin Dunlow beside them. Dunlow is a modern figure, clearly meant to be a Harry Dresden type, but I liked his douchey little hat. His flashlight hand was replaced with a book that was a spare part from a Black Cat Bases model of H. P. Lovecraft. I wanted to echo the house colours worn by Winslow and Winifred in Dunlow's scarf (which has a white fringe you can't see) to reflect that he's a house member but with a different sense of style. 

Anyway, this is just to say that I have not been idle!

No comments:

Post a Comment