Sunday 13 July 2014

Inspiration is everywhere: Day 6

OK, looking around for more inspiration! If I turn my head to the left, I see this little guy, who was a Christmas gift (or was it a birthday? I think it was Christmas) from my wife.


This is Beatbot, who is basically a speaker that you plug into your phone or other device and then songs come out of your robot. I can move his little arms around and he satisfies my fondness for retro skiffy things.

Very well, then! Let us explore Beatbot as an opponent! I feel like one of the things this project has taught me is that I'm out of practice statting up baddies for anything other than d20. I'll have to get on it; I'm out of practice with any system other than this as a GM -- or Stars Without Number, I guess. And I don't have the SWN bot rules because I have the old edition. Screw it, let's go for it anyway. Here's Beatbot for SWN, or more likely for Other Dust.

Beatbot

Created as a riot control and pacification tool by Earth's authorities, this autonomous system was nicknamed the "Beatbot" by those who had to suffer either the pounding of its armoured gauntlets or the devastating sonic attack it deployed. The beatbot hulks over a human, standing over 2 metres tall and weighing over half a tonne. Resilient, heavily armoured and hard to destroy, the beatbot is practically a mobile pillbox, although its movements are sluggish and lumbering.

Armour Class: 19
Hit Dice: 6
Attack Bonus: +1, +1
Damage: d6 each, gauntlets
No. Appearing: 1-3
Saving Throw: 14+
Movement: 20'
Morale 12

If the Beatbot has not moved or fired its sonic cannon in the previous round, it can launch a devastating sonic attack that affects biological targets through their inner ears. The attack covers a cone-shaped area, only about 2 metres wide in front of the bot, but nearly 10 metres wide at its maximum 40-metre range. Any target in the affected area must make a successful Physical Effect save or take d6+2 stun damage. Targets within 10 metres of the robot take a -1 penalty to the save; targets beyond 20 metres get a +1 bonus. Non-human life forms receive a further +2.


No comments:

Post a Comment