Saturday 2 August 2014

RPG a Day, Day 3: The first game I ever bought

In today's RPG a Day post, we'll be taking a look at the first game I ever owned, a classic of 80s game design that I feel still holds up pretty well today. Check out the video to find out more about it:


Notes:
  • Sadly, Erick Wujcik passed away in 2008. 
  • I checked Amazon for used TMNT books and whooee. Road Hogs is pretty reasonable, though.
  • Oh! Here's some good news! It looks like Palladium stopped publishing TMNT but maintained the After the Bomb line with a new rulebook, which I guess has all the animals from the original core line. As a result, all the supplements are still available as inexpensive PDFs or in print. Get. In. Of course, there's only two I don't have, but still!
  • One of my fondest memories is of my dad bewilderedly trying to play one of the scenarios from Guide to the Universe with me and my brother. He had no idea what was going on (nor did we, of course) and he disapproved of all the violence, but he tried, God bless him. 

1 comment:

  1. If I recall correctly, we also decided that the world famous bull-man college graduate was never connected to the bull-man vigilante because the one wore glasses and the other didn't.

    ReplyDelete