Thursday 21 May 2015

More frugal gaming: Poundland terrain!

I was looking for cheap costume accessories in Poundland when I saw this:



This is an "Aliens from the Planet Scardox" toy -- you see them all the time in pound shops, The Works, and so on. This is what you get in it: 


I put the little rockets aside to be used another time -- waste not, etc. -- and gave the plastic insert a bit of a clean. I then took it outside and gave it a couple of coats of good old Halfords car primer, remembering also to spray the inside (the plastic is very thin and a little translucent).


Much more promising. I gave it a few layers of progressively lighter drybrushing, picked out some of the craters with ink (I don't recommend this; the detail is quite shallow and it just looked sloppy) and I was done: 



Not bad for a quid -- heck, if you consider that I'm going to do something with those two little rockets, it was only 33p. It doesn't look perfect, but it looks OK for the price. 


No comments:

Post a Comment