The other day I had one of those ideas that comes to you as though in a dream: an idea for how to bulk up my year's painting total, provide a team for anyone who wants to play Stargrave with me but doesn't have models, and test some techniques in the process. It preyed on me all of Monday night, and on Tuesday I got to work. By Saturday morning I had this:
- Citadel Mephiston Red. My go to mid-red base colour.
- Citadel Evil Sunz Scarlet. My orky bright red. Remember when Citadel reds were just trash?
- Citadel Warboss Green. This has been in my paint box ever since that lying swine in GW said it was a good match for old Goblin Green, which it is not.
- Citadel Ushabti Bone. A pleasing colour for teeth.
- Your friend and mine, Agarax Earthshade. I actually intended to use Army Painter Strong Tone, but it turns out I haven't got any.
|Here's the whole crew with their base colours hastily applied.|
I did a tiny highlight of the skin with a mixture of green and yellow, and then I hit the whole model with that Agarax Earthshade wash -- including the green areas. It looks OK! This took about 15 minutes.
|The crew assembled|
|Captain (Cyborg) and First Mate (Veteran)|
|Two Sentries and a Commando, or a Trooper, I forget.|
|Gunner and Burner|