- It let me have a B&W cover but still look great, saving me some money.
- It gave me a great image to use on social media to promote the book.
- It added a little buzz and credibility -- cool Old School types recognise Molloy from Knock!
Seriously, postage alone -- exclusive of packing materials -- cost more than everything else put together.
Next time, I'm working out a separate US print run and getting myself a North American fulfilment partner. It will also save the nice people at the post office a lot of aggravation and I bet it won't be that much more expensive.
- Price more realistically
- Work with partners for international shipping
- Be as loud about the project as I thought I was this time
- Explore new avenues for promotion