Wednesday 10 June 2015

The SAGA continues

I have got my Viking / Anglo-Danish morph SAGA army more or less sorted out, so it's on to the next project, my Normans, who are of course going to serve as the basis for a first Crusade morph (since the two armies should be 95% indistinguishable anyway).

Here's where we are so far:

The first unit of Hearthguard: Conquest Games Norman knights led by a Perry Miniatures Bohemond of Antioch.
God, I hate painting horses. Bohemond is a little shorter, but I think he looks OK (his base is built up). 

A unit of Warriors: Black Tree Design Norman crossbowmen.
The weird-looking guy in the back rank is, I think, Foundry, ex-Citadel.
An unusual choice, probably mainly for the building defense missions in Cross and Crescent: a unit of dismounted knights.
Perry Miniatures First Crusade, painted over a decade ago. 

The start of another unit: Levy archers. Black Tree design, except for the guy on the right, who is Foundry.
They're a surly-looking crew.
The army so far. 
 You'll notice that I am not super-consistent about basing; some of the models are on very flat Renedra 20mm bases and the other ones are on taller GW bases. Also, SAGA armies are usually based on round bases (although these bases are totally legal under the rules). This is because aeons ago I based the older models on the taller bases for WHAB, which uses square bases, and damned if I'm going to go back and undo work when I've got so much to do.

Anyway, I think they look quite nice.


4 comments:

  1. I think it's kind of apt that the knights have not only bogarted all the best equipment, but also the tall bases.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious to see how SAGA plays. It's one of those games I'm sort of watching in a thoughtful kind of way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come up to Cambridge some time. I've got plenty of models for two armies.

      Delete
    2. Its definitely on my "to do" list - I just need to remember to not over-book myself for months on end!

      Delete