Tuesday 19 January 2016

Frugal gaming: Portals and field-y things.

So, I made a list of all the terrain pieces needed for Frostgrave scenarios and decided to try to make everything. You've already seen the first of my statues, but I wanted a quick win so I decided to do the four teleportation portals called for by another scenario.

I made this one but decided I wanted them to look more circle-y and less pool-y.


I used 50mm bases from the Reaper Bones II Kickstarter, then traced a circle on some tin foil ...


... affixed it to the base ...


... sculpted a simple stone border ...


... and painted the border. I then washed the tinfoil with a coloured wash and gave it a double-layer of PVA glue for shininess. It looks a little shinier in real life than in the photo, although I think I may have to add some sparkle.



I did the portals in four separate colours in case I ever want to use them for D&D or something and it'll be handy to know which is which. They also match (approximately) this set of plastic shot glasses I got from Poundland. I figure they'll make good force fields and flying bases.

A mysterious figure appears within the teleport field. 

Kaia in bird form confronts a barbarian warrior. 

No comments:

Post a Comment