Tuesday 12 July 2016

Frugal gaming: columns!

Stopped for lunch on the way home and popped into a local charity shop only to find two of these:


8 columns for £4 isn't bad -- it'd be £10 at retail. So I snapped them up and brought them home. They're pretty nice, although they have a hole in the top (for the dowel) that I'm gonna need to fill or cover. Still, between Frostgrave and D&D I represent a lot of ruined temples and great pillared halls, so I'm very pleased with these. Check 'em out:


In the arena of Emperor Pan Augustus, hapless human gladiators fight to the death!

They are a bit stark white at the moment, so I might give them a thin sepia wash and an off-white drybrush just to bring out the texture a bit more and bring them into line with the rest of my ruined classical terrain.

2 comments:

  1. Nice find. Are you going to ruin one or two of them or leave them all intact?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know! They're plaster, so they should break cleanly, but eight is good number to have.

      Delete