Thursday 5 January 2017

Gaming goals for this year

OK, so here's a quick rundown of what I plan to do in various gaming projects this year. Let's go. We need a photo, so here are some models I've painted recently:

This robo-missionary is going to be a character in my post-apocalyptic junk market.

This Night Horrors wraith is my first Oldhammer model of the year. 

Another Chaos cultist for my in-progress Age of Sigmar army. 
I've done a few more models since I took these photos, so I'll try to find a time with good light to take some pictures. 

Anyway, so here's what I've got ongoing: 

Tabletop RPGs

I am going to conclude my long-running D&D campaign this year, hopefully with a suitably epic battle against a world-threatening antagonist. Before the end of the year, I will start a new campaign, although I haven't decided exactly what. Probably a post-apocalyptic game of some kind. I will possibly run a short game of something off-beat between the two. 

I am going to try to make my local one-shots group a little more often, but they meet on Wednesdays, which isn't great for me. 

I am going to try to complete a draft of The Magonium Mine Murders by the end of the year. And hopefully more!

Live games

I am going to continue to run my monthly game, and I'm going to make a serious effort to finally run the kind of event I really want to with the upcoming weekend event I'm currently writing for. I may try to run a short-run live-action Unknown Armies game, but no promises. 

Miniatures games

I am going to complete my Age of Sigmar challenge -- I need to complete a unit of 10 Marauders, a unit of 5 Chaos Knights, and a lord with a demonic mount. I'm currently partly done with both units, but I need to sort out the character. 

I am going to finish my Norman army for SAGA, which means painting another 8 archers and (sigh) a whole load of knights. I don't know why I hate painting horses so much. 

I am going to begin at least one new fantasy army project: watch this space. 

I am going to try to paint at least one just-for-fun model each time I put a batch of models in for priming. 

So those are my resolutions for this year. Manageable. 



No comments:

Post a Comment