Tuesday 28 November 2017

Frugal gaming: a lot of model for £1.

Today's episode of Monster Man is going to focus on giants, so I thought I'd take the opportunity to finish up a project I'd had sitting on a shelf for ... well, I think for a year or so, to be honest.

Anyway, here it is: it's a pretty simple creation. All I did was take this toy from Poundland, straighten out his axe a bit with some hot water, put a coat of car primer on him, and paint him. You could probably do more to make him look good; I'm aware that he looks pretty rough. A design on the shield would be pretty cool, for instance, and I could have done more with the mould lines. Still, given that he cost me £1 plus the last of my really big Reaper bases, I'm pretty comfortable with how it worked out. 

The toy line is called Terra and this guy is "Halldor the Raider."



In the meantime, my Frost Giants from the Reaper Bones 3 Kickstarter arrived and this guy is totally incompatible with them in terms of style and scale, but whatever. He's done and he looks OK, so I am content. 

2 comments: