Wednesday 2 December 2015

The charm of display

One of the things I like about my study is that from my desk I can look out over my monitors and see the rest of the study, including my little displays of painted minis and my books and so on. It really boosts my morale and gives me a feeling of satisfaction; silly, I know, but there you are. 

So when I realised that I was annoyed with the process of packing and unpacking terrain I decided that I would just put the pieces out on the shelf. After all, I don't have to keep things in the shed any more. Now I can just pull a piece of terrain out to use in a game without having to get it out of a box -- and better yet, I can just look over at it all and give a little smile every now and again. 

As you can see, the shelves are pretty crowded. I should get some of this little perspex shelves to create multiple tiers, effectively increasing the number of shelves. 

The whole shelf. 

Top shelf: some buildings, mostly scatter. 

Post-apocalyptic scatter. 

Some buildings and more scatter, fences, barricades etc. 

Graveyards, treasure, and the bomb. 
Currently using this stuff for Frostgrave. Church is unfinished, obvs.

Post-apocalyptic/sci-fi/zombie stuff. 

Various! I started running out of room here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment